When it comes to summer events, don’t let the heat steal your look! Keep your makeup, hair and dress picture perfect all night long by following these easy, effective tips!
- Prime before you apply! Face primer and eye primer are different, but both absolutely necessary in making your look last all night. For the eyes, use Tarte’s CC Eye Primer Stick to color-correct eyelids and give shadow a base to adhere to. For the face, stay matte and avoid frequent touch up’s by using Makeup Forever’s Skin Equalizer Primer
- Get baking! Avoid the “melted” under-eye look by using the “baking” method under eyes. Start with your favorite concealer (Tip: use 1-2 shades lighter to create a highlighted effect) then, thickly layer on a loose powder. The key is to let the powder sit under your eyes for a few minutes. Finish the look by sweeping away the remaining powder
- Blotting linens are a must have in your bag through the night, which help absorb excess oil without disturbing your makeup (or having to layer on too much makeup)
- Instead of layering on hairspray, wash your hair 1-2 days (depending on your hair type) before your event. You want to let a little oil build up in your hair, which will keep curls in tact and give pins something to adhere to
- Use a dryer sheet to tame frizz just before you walk out the door. Celebrity hairstylist, Adir Abergel, uses this trick to neutralize static without weighing hair down with excess products.
- If you wear your hair down to the event but notice it falls, keep a couple hair-ties and bobby pins in your bag and toss it in a low side braid for the ultimate chic style
- When temperatures climb, keep you and your Bicici & Coty dress fresh by investing in bra liners. This brilliant product by Wick’em is designed to absorb moisture, prevent skin irritation and help keep you dry and comfortable all night long
- Excess sweat is no one’s favorite! Help prevent it by applying a cotton ball of rubbing alcohol before applying deodorant says celebrity stylist Emily Current
- Keep your dress from wrinkling while you travel to your event by pushing as much fabric to the side while you sit. The less you sit on the less wrinkles you will get. It’s simple, but a fundamental tip before your next big event