Leave a lasting impression this New Years Eve as the ball drops in mark of a New Year. Whether you’re headed out to a Hollywood style bash, or throwing your own party, here are some of our favorite tips to create an unforgettable night.
Sparkle all night and leave a lasting impression by coordinating the tones of your dress, makeup and accessories. A versatile, two-piece gown like YD1538 makes shopping for shoes and jewelry easy.
Stack different textures of bangles like this set from H&M to play off the sequin pattern in your dress. For an added sparkle, go for a pair of glitter heels like these from Very.co.uk. Expert tip: wear your shoes a few times before your big night out to break them in. Killer heels are awesome as long as they aren’t killing you…
When it comes to makeup, NYE is no time to be shy. Go all out with false lashes, and shimmering eyelids. We love this tutorial from makeup Artist, Debra Johnson (who also does the makeup for our Bicici & Coty girls) for a simple yet stunning look.
Pro tip: Don’t forget to use your makeup setting spray (like Debra uses in the video) to make sure your makeup lasts all night!
When selecting your New Year’s Eve bag keep in mind the essentials you’ll be taking on your night out. We recommend bringing:
- Mini breath mints + Colgate Wisps to be NYE kiss ready
- Mini perfume sample (tip: Sephora will make you a mini spritzer sample of your favorite scent that fits in any bag perfectly)
- Cash, ID, credit card
- Phone (Tip: if buying your purse at a store, stick your phone in the bag to make sure there’s enough room for it)
- Lipstick (even if it’s long-lasting you may need a touch up)
- Bobby pins (if your hair is up)
- Blotting papers if you’re prone to oiliness
If you’re throwing your own New Years Eve party, check out these 51 DIY decorating tips from Buzzfeed and use them with the tips shared in this blog post for a truly epic start to 2016.