Skincare is always important, but it’s especially important for your big day! Keep your skin glowing, and blemish free for your walk down the aisle with these simple tips!
- Assess your skin type and what your skin needs so you use the best products for your skin. The basics include: cleanser, moisturizer, eye-cream
- Start your routine well in advance of your big day (3 months minimum if possible). It’s possible your skin could purge (don’t confuse this with a breakout though) meaning it’s cleansing out all the dirt and debris clogged under your pores. Give your skin time to adjust and clear out
- Integrate monthly facials. Although you take care of your skin at home, it’s not the same as seeing a professional. Think about it like going to the dentist: you brush your teeth daily, but sometimes you need to see a pro. An esthetician is the same way. They have the tools to provide you with the best, glowing, healthy skin possible
Check out our Polyvore set to get our skin care favorites!
Beauty From the Inside Out
- Food is fuel and it’s all about balance. Too much of a good thing can still show through our skin (I.e., too many nuts may cause tiny breakouts on your forehead, too much sugar from fruit can cause breakouts on your chin)
- Be mindful to not overindulge. All those cake, catering and wine tastings can start to show though your skin. Make sure you don’t go to any tasting too hungry to avoid over-indulging
- Listen to what your body needs every day and fuel up on greens, protein, superfoods and low-glycemic carbs. If you’re working out, listen to what your body needs and be sure to replenish and refuel
Give Your Body Love
- Weekly baths area a great way to not only relax but also draw out toxins from your skin. Use natural bath salts and essential oils to help the detoxifying process, but be careful not to over use them so you don’t dry out your skin in the process
- Exfoliate to get rid of dead skin cells. Be careful not to over do it though and be sure to follow with a good body oil or moisturizer to replenish and hydrate for that true bridal glow