hen image not With prom just around the corner, now is the time to start planning! From the dress, to the date, here is our checklist on what you can do from now until Prom to ensure you have a night you’ll always remember.
1-2 Months Before
- Get your gown! Once you’ve found the Bicici & Coty dress of your dreams, use our store locator to find it
- For makeup, schedule a trial to see how everything will look and make sure it’s exactly what you want. Try Be Glammed service for an artist who will come to you! Tip: Schedule your trial and day of makeup with the same artist to ensure you will receive the same results.
- For hair go to your hairdresser (or Be Glammed and get your hair and makeup done at the same time!) with 2 or 3 ideas to consult about what style will work best with your hair texture, and current hair cut
- Mani / pedi appointments are best to make a few days before, try to avoid the day of because you will be rushed between hair, makeup and getting ready. Tip: Get a gel mani to make it last extra long!
- Spray Tan: If you’re opting for a professional spray tan, schedule it two days before your event. This will ensure the color settles nicely but doesn’t fade or rub off on your dress. For an extra bonze look without the spray tan, try Say Hello to Sexy Legs lotion the day of
- Match your dress color with your date’s tie or bow-tie for true “power couple” style status!
Follow our Pinterest for all prom inspiration!
1-2 Weeks Before
- Coordinate flower order for boutineer and corsage
- Wear your shoes around your house to break them in so they don’t hurt your feet on your big night!
- Put together your outfit, undergarments, jewelry, shoes, clutch, etc…
- Plan with your date or group on dinner reservations, location for pictures and transportation
Night Before / Day of
- Give yourself extra time for hair and makeup on the day of. If you’re opting for DIY beauty, plan for at least 2 hours. If you’re having your hair or makeup done by a professional, plan for 3 hours, plus travel if needed.
- Remember to keep hydrated and get 8-10 hours of sleep to stay energetic and prevent puffy eyes in the morning of
- Fuel up! Eat lots of fruits and veggies and remember to snack throughout the day to prevent overindulging at dinner or getting sick later
- Pack your clutch with your essentials and emergency items for the night before and double check it the day of
- Arrange to have flower orders picked up the day before, or the day of to ensure they are fresh and lively
- Confirm dinner reservations, especially if you made them a couple weeks ago it’s always good to double check